Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunrises, streets, and toddlers

Early morning drawing is my new pasttime. I went out to the panhandle this morning to draw from real life. Good thing I did, because the colors are much better perceived by the eye than by a camera. 


Cross street of Page and Central, 8:20 AM. Just as the sun was coming out over the buildings.
I got all these colors and more from real life.... 


 ....and just this from the photo. 


Continued onward to the panhandle...



Fell and Masonic, 9:20 AM

Then I went to go observe children. This filled up about 6 pages of my sketchbook. They are so fun to watch and so full of activity. One kid had a HUGE head. it was like 3 times bigger than his body. Either that or he had very small hands. They also all love to eat sand and run in a very shaky but steadfast little waddle. I find that the B pencils work better for fast sketching, its so loose and quick. 




No comments:

Post a Comment