Monday, March 18, 2013

Tree studies

Woke up this morning and decided to go to Buena Vista park to go study some lighting on the trees. Totally worth it. I might have been sitting in some homeless guys pee the whole time but whatever. At 10:30 AM the lighting is pretty non dramatic, the sun is about 3/4 of the way to the top so it casts a shadow to the side of the tree as opposed to underneath. I tried to capture this...

(judging by the position by the sun this was taken later in the morning) 



I think I overpainted it a bit. But from 10 AM to 12 PM it was cool to watch the sun rise up in an arc. This is at about 10:30. The sun is the questionable white dot in the upper left hand corner. 


Then as I was getting up to go I spotted some his in the distance that had such fascinating lighting that I had to paint them. I used a different approach, much less detail, just trying to get in shade. I like this one more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment